Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend Washi



I, much like every other crafty white girl blogger, love washi tape. Between running my Etsy and visiting Japan (at the amazing Itoya store--more on that later), I've built up a nice collection. Today, I decided to do a quick project I've been contemplating for a while: upgrading my planner. 


Here's the before:



I got this planner by Mark's from Omoi Zakka Shop in 2012. It features the artwork of Yoshitomo Nara. While I love this quirky little girl, after a while, the dark cover was leaving me feeling a little... down. So, I decided to do a colorful upgrade. The artwork is separate from the planner-- just a little paper sleeve that comes out. I traced onto a piece of reject printer paper, and broke out my favorite washi tapes. 10 minutes later, I had a cheerful new cover!




Not bad, if I do say so myself! The solid color tapes are from the mt Light Colors 2 Pack set. The top and bottom tape is mt ex Colorful POP. The middle is mt SPOTS Colorful in Purple/Orange.* I love how easy it is to add temporary color to things with washi tape. You better believe the inside of my planner is color co-ordinated with a bunch of tape too. I love being organized.

P.S. Do me a favor and tell me how these photos look on your monitor. Too saturated? Dull, dark, or washed out? I'm having difficulties getting them to show up like they look on other programs on my computer. Sigh...

*I did not purchase my tapes from this site, so I cannot vouch for their customer service, etc. The links are just to help you out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment